Welcome to Phoenix Hotworks. We offer custom-built bicycle frames, restorations and frame building courses.
Meet with Darren, discuss your thoughts and ideas around your dream bicycle. Together you will be able to bring your ideas to life. Depending on your build and size you will discuss tubing, geometry and design.
Darren specialises in fancy lug work and bi-laminated frames.
Want some fancy swirls? A bottle opener on your chainstay? Chrome bling? Done!
Because every frame is unique prices vary
Our one to one frame building course is 5 days whether you are a complete beginner or have some engineering experience.
- Day one: Health and Safety brief. Sizing and designing. Jig set up. Practice test pieces
- Day two: Tube mitring. Main triangle completion. Tracking and alignment
- Day three: Rear triangle fit and finish
- Day four: Build front forks start to finish. Fit frame bosses and rear brake bridge
- Day five: File finish, facing and reaming, head tube, bottom bracket and seat tube. Prep for painting
Cost: £995 plus materials (approx £200 – £300 depending on the style of frame).
Course times: Monday to Friday, time to suit customer
With over 30 years experience in repairs and 20 years in restorations, Darren is extremely qualified (literally!) in these areas.
On other websites, you may see lists of prices for various services, repairs and many other issues you may have with your bicycle. However, we feel each and every bike is different according to age and quality, therefore to provide a bespoke service for each customer we prefer to quote upon inspection.
The less work we do to your bicycle the more the structure and integrity remain intact.
Do you want to check availability or hear more about Phoenix Hotworks services?
Send Darren a message through the message form on this page.